Saturday 27 June 2015

PROmethearZAC story part II

a) I thought about the sequel for Prometheus being said to be called Paradise. I started looking at the the famous drawing by Gustave Doré for Paradise Lost and there was some entrance into Heaven with the angels forming a vortex. In my mind I wanted to imagine this as something to be labeled as a star gate. I wanted to have the rocket ship as perceived in the Pakal Votan tomb lid flying into the star gate. I began to draw pictures of angels pulling open the mouth of a vortex and inside the vortex can be seen a giant eye staring out.

b) A modern space ship full of people chases the Mayan Space Jockey's rocket, is stops nearby maneuvering itself around to allow the passengers to take photos of the rocket, but towards the end of August 2015 I had decided that the rocket slams into the side of the ship and rips a hole in it tearing through. Hundreds of people with cameras are suddenly sucked into space to meet their deaths and the front of the ship becomes severed from the back of the ship

c) The Space Jockey rocket goes through the vortex and before the idea was that the spaceship pursuing tries to come through it, but by the end of August 2015, I thought instead about the two pieces of the pursuing spaceship tumbling towards it spewing out dying passengers, but either way the giant teeth of giant jaws in the vortex come down begin to tear the thing to pieces.

d) The vortex probably however seems to turn out to be nothing more than another version of V'Ger from Star Trek: The Motion Picture with its gigantic camera shutter like doorways inside.

e) My design for the Mayan space jockey's rocket would seem to change in basically every single sketch that I did of it. I wanted to imagine something designed by Giger and Moebius. It began to symbolise my urge to escape from wanting to draw like Giger every day of my life and attempt to invite inspiration from Moebius' work even if what I was creating out of this inspiration would seem to make it look as if I were creating poor imitations of everything.

f) See also Mayan Rocketeer sketches  

No comments:

Post a Comment